Thursday, February 11, 2010

A Housewarming Gift...

A couple weeks ago my mother in law (whom I get along with just great!) moved into a new condo. So, a housewarming gift was in order. I decided to make a set of cloth napkins, a table runner (so I could once again practice my free motion quilting), and a matching potholder. It turned out pretty well. I used kind of an improv block for the table runner and had made four blocks - the extra I used for the potholder. All made out of 100% cotton thrifted sheets. Enjoy!
All folded up.
Washed, dried and hanging on my door.

A close up of the quilting.

Potholder. (Two layers of cotton heat resistant batting... can't think of what it's called offhand).
Pretty napkins. Cut 12" squares, sewen together and turned inside out. A little topstitching, very simple.

1 comment:

  1. I like how you've placed the striped fabric in the table runner. Very effective. Bet your mother-in-law is pleased.

    ReplyDelete