Saturday, June 19, 2010

Father's Day Craft

Today, hanging out with the my sister and her kids (while mine was napping) we made this quick little father's day gift. I'd seen this tutorial last week and decided to try it for ourselves. Granted, I had only skimmed the directions listed there, and didn't have an exacto knife anyway... so we just used a craft stick as our guide and drew spaced lines on the back of each picture. The oldest (almost 10) cut hers into strips based on those lines. My sister and I helped the other niece (almost 4) with the cutting. We made guide lines on the sticks by laying them strait and marking the top and bottom of the picture. Then we used thinned out tacky glue and the kids painted it on in between the guide lines and stuck the strips of pictures to each stick. The glue took almost no time to dry and they enjoyed decorating with stickers too. We made them for my brother-in-law, my husband, and my dad too.

Here they are!

No comments:

Post a Comment