Sunday, April 10, 2011

I had a letdown of a day yesterday.

For the same reason I do every month. But I also had a happy day. For one, it was warm outside! I can't tell you how much I needed that! Also, my MIL made tacos for dinner (my favorite non-fancy meal -- she's sweet and makes dinner for us after work on Saturdays... after watching our kid all day!). Then we got home and Allie was in bed, and I got my partner info for a new swap. I know what you're thinking "another swap really?" lol. I couldn't resist since I love the challenge of a swap. This one is the Pretty Little Pouch Swap over on flickr. So I received my partner info and let me tell you I am excited!!! I don't know just how those swap mamas match us up, but I feel like I'm out of my league being matched with my partner. In reality I think I'm at a pretty close level in a lot of ways... but wow! :) I"m happy. (I hope you're all enjoying this big long run-on paragraph). I sat right down and started sketching. I have no idea what the pouch will look like (as in shape, closure etc) but I want this cross pattern to be framed by some more of that neutral linen that you see in those squares around the edges. Hopefully those colors will just pop out of the linen! This is the first bits that I cut from that FQ bundle of solids I won the other week (I'm still gushing about that). I was really nervous to cut into it, but I figured using all my same AMH scraps (like usual) was playing it too safe. I'm sure AMH will show up on this pouch somewhere.

PS it's warm and sunny (and probably going to rain here) and the first thing I did? I ran outside with an armload of quilt blocks and small projects that have been begging to be shared. Finally a little light around here!

4 comments:

  1. Love the block Emily! Solids + AMH = perfection. :) Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that quilt pattern. is it one of your own?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What pretty colors. I'm excited to see the finished project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving how this is turning out. Fabulous colors, the solids with the pattern, GREAT! Thanks for linking to fabric Tuesday :)

    ReplyDelete