Thursday, January 19, 2012

The First Finish of 2012!

And you thought it was going to be the Swoon quilt??

Mug rug thank you.

Nope. Last night I got a text from my cool co-worker Becky saying that she'd finished knitting my hat. Can I tell you how cool that is? Last fall I stole some skeins of yarn from my mom's ginormous yarn stash and asked Becky if she would knit me a hat... knowing I could figure it out but I'd rather sew than knit. She agreed no questions asked. Knowing that she had finished the hat meant that I had to get my butt in gear making the thank you gift I had planned. So tonight I whipped up a tiny little ticker tape mug rug. I went through my newly sorted tiny scraps and pulled out the most "Becky" fabrics. I think it turned out pretty cool. I hope she likes it!

**Edit - Becky loved it, and she made me an awesome cable knit hat with matching wrist warmers! Too cool! I'll have to try to get a picture of them soon! **

1 comment:

  1. Cute! Love your little bits of fabric, especially those safety pins!

    ReplyDelete