Wednesday, April 11, 2012

DQS12 Finished!!




Dear Mona (DQS12 Recipient),
I needed a few extra days (right up to the last send day) to love this quilt and to prepare myself to let it go!
From the beginning of this DQS round I had this quilt in mind. I wanted a huge challenge and the chance to make a quilt that finished in a circle. 
I loved every minute of the challenge with this one! I do hope you love it as much as I do!


This is the most "me" quilt that I have ever made. It embodies all that I want my quilting to be, and it really shows my creative word for the year, which is "intricate." On this quilt I worked on my paper piecing skills, my curved piecing, and even drafted the paper pieced ring of flying geese myself.


I'm not sure if it's as clean and graphic as you prefer, but once I started it, the fabrics just fell into place. I sure hope you find a special place in your home and your heart for it!
Thanks for inspiring some of my greatest work!
With love,
Emily / emedoodle



It's going to be very hard to let this quilt go. :) But I'll make it through! On the bright side, my "hanging structure" worked out about as perfectly as I could have hoped!! Check out those pictures down there! CRAZY! It took me a long time to settle on the right way to go about that. In the end it was evenly spaced plastic loops, and a doubled up piece of boning threaded through half the quilt - hanging on a nail from the middle of the top. Perfection --or close to it! A circular quilt on the wall! Now I just need to make another one!

Here it is all bundled up to go. :) Good news, Mona received it today and she totally "got" it! :) I'm so happy that she loves it!!! 


Annnnd.... in equally awesome news... I received my DQS quilt Monday!!! Here she is! Such a beauty made by Marilyn!


I was hoping and praying this one was coming my way!! And it did!! Such a great little quilt - it's already hanging on my wall! And for those of you who weren't looking - notice that stack of charm squares she sent... there are some Bohemian AMH prints there! Eeek! :) Thanks Marilyn!!

3 comments:

  1. Wow - I love the way you used paper piecing, intricate piecing, great colors, and space to say what you had inside of you! Most fabulous. I would love to see you post this great project on my website, www.SeamedUP.com, a social network for quilters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is just magnificent! I am so sooooo impressed!

    ReplyDelete