Wednesday, June 13, 2012

WIP Wednesday - and WIP's ignored....

Today's WIP Wednesday post is brought to you by the fact that I haven't really been working on my WIP's...

Oops.

Not to get too off topic, but I'm having a minor sinus surgery (the third one) on Friday, so I've got all sorts of things I'm trying to get done before then... knowing I won't have the energy to really do much for a few days after. Excuses... lol.

So - what have I been working on? What have I crossed off that list?

Finished:
Pencil pouches for Allie's teachers -- they turned out great! I'll be posting about these later in the week.

Pincushion guest post finished! :) You can go read it here.

Some Progress:

Matchstick quilting!
Quilting sample - "matchstick quilting" lines are about 1/8" apart.
FMQ samples for the Bella Parade - finished quilting them all plus the two extras to complete a 3x4 quilt from them. Now I'll need to trim them and join them together!

Quick Curve Ruler
Quick curve ruler blocks
Quick Curve Ruler blocks - I made a couple sample blocks to test out my new ruler. They're awesome and inspiring... but I have no idea what they'll become!

{Sew} Beautiful Bee - I trimmed down the blocks, pressed the scraps, cut binding strips (entirely out of the scraps that were sent back!) and prepped the binding. There's still so much more to finish on this one... but it's a start to the progress!

RATZ Swap - June Magnets
RATZ Magnets - yes that's a 1.5" magnet with 9 HST's... Insane and awesome!
RATZ June Magnets Swap - I made a couple practice magnets, but nothing for real yet.

No Progress:
{Modern} Robin Quilt
My Precious QAL
Bella Quilt
DQS12 Angel quilt --- (oh man I need to send that soon!)
(lots of things I'm probably forgetting)

There's my week - maybe I'll have some time to sew tonight? I need to do something big before friday.

Linked up for WIP Wednesday @ Freshly Pieced.




7 comments:

  1. Gasp! Love your quick-curve blocks! Those are gorgeous. Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. That matchstick quilting blows my mind a little bit. Hope the surgery goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes, good luck with your sinus surgery!! I love that matchstick quilting, I definitely want to try that one day, and I adore your quick curve blocks so far! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome looking projects. The quick curve ruler looks great...maybe a pillow or mini quilt? =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your matchstick quilting is awesome! I love the way your curve blocks look, Ive wanted to give it a try for a while. I think Ill have to pick a ruler up now. Good luck with your surgery, my husband has had 2 sinus surgeries & we're hoping there wont be a 3rd!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the matchstick quilting, it looks great. I found you via the WIP link up. I think I may have to stay awhile to see how these turn out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, I am dying over your curved ruler blocks! You better make something fabulous with those! :-)

    ReplyDelete