Sunday, September 22, 2013

CMQG September Meeting: Jane Sassaman!!


You guys might have caught my blog post over on the Chicago MQG blog last week. We were so lucky to have Jane Sassaman join us for a trunk show and lecture last week! 


Jane was an absolute joy to have with us! Her style is fun and crazy! She does a lot of applique - which isn't my style at all, but I really enjoyed hearing about how she goes about designing and balancing her designs. Not to mention that she's just as sweet as can be!


It's always so inspiring to see so many beautiful quilts too! Jane brought a ton to show us!!


And... Happy birthday To Emily! I hadn't seen her since her birthday so I made sure to bring her gift with me. The Quilts of Gee's Bend won't disappoint (even if the handmade portion of her gift isn't finished yet)!


Lastly, for the sake of making Elaine smile -- a snap of my fabulous notebook holder that she made for me! I use it for guild related activities and planning meetings. Thanks Elaine! (note the fun doodling that happened during Jane's talk!)

1 comment:

  1. How special to have Jane share her work and design process. Love the note tote you got.

    ReplyDelete