Friday, March 20, 2015

Social Tote

This week I made a Social Tote!

social tote anna maria horner fabric, anna maria horner folk song, noodlehead, carolyn friedlander,
Social Tote
I had picked up this pattern at Quiltcon. I always get it into my mind that I want to make a thing, but then I waffle on buying the pattern - thus I don't make it. In truth buying this pattern was an impulse buy. I saw it at Alyssa / Pile of Fabric's booth, and I love Alyssa's shop and wanted to buy something. So impulse had me, and I bought this little pattern. 

Social Tote
I really love how this turned out. I love sewing projects with a bit of a challenge. Once I decided to sew the Social Tote, I was directed to some links online to make it easier. First and foremost, Carolyn Friedlander has step by step photos for sewing the lining. Also, an instagram friend directed me to the tips over here on this blog. Once I got down to sewing, it really wasn't too hard. The best tip is to follow all the instructions!

As an added bonus, my existing pin cushion fits in the pincushion section. 

4 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! That was definitely an impulse buy that was worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I'll definitely have to make one of these, eventually :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, lovely job! I have had the pattern and all fabric pulled for a year now but haven't started. You've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great project. You did a lovely job on it, and the next time you go to a social, you'll be glad you made it.

    ReplyDelete